FIRE SAFETY TIPS
We at Rentwithus.Online wish to reassure all tenants that we take safety very seriously and we view it as critically important to fulfil our duties in advising tenants on the fire risks inherent in blocks we manager see firekills.campaign.gov.uk. However so much that can be done by the individual who live in communal blocks to help reduce fire risks. You will find below some general guidance notes concerning fire safety, which we hope that you will find to be helpful. Residents have an obligation as part of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 to ensure they don’t compromise the fire safety of the block for themselves and other users of the building.
To ensure this, residence must:
- Not store any items (Including bicycles, prams, furniture or any other items) within the communal area. Any items stored here may be removed.
- Make sure fire doors in your flat self-close properly and are not wedged, tied o otherwise held open.
- Not wedged, tie open any communal doors.
- Not smoke within the communal areas of the property.
- Ensure you do not inadvertently damage the buildings fire protection when making changes to your flat. Any structure/material alterations made to flats should be authorised by the property manager prior to it taking place.
- Never store or use petrol, bottled gas, paraffin heaters or other flammable materials in their flats, on their balcony or in shared areas.
- Understand the importance of maintaining block security (making sure doors close behind them when they enter or leave) and being vigilant for deliberate fire setting.
- Familiarise yourselves and your guests with the block fire action plan, what to do would you discover a fire, the quickest and safest way to evacuate the property.
- Report issues with communal fire safety measures in your flat or building immediately to the property manager. Ensure that you don’t obstruct entrances/exists and to allow access for emergency services at all times (including within car parks).
Please contact your property manager if you have any queries regarding the above.